Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Circle Surrogacy to Host Surrogacy Seminar for Swedish Couples

I recently had the pleasure of meeting John Weltman, President of Circle Surrogacy, at the American Fertility Association's Families Matter meeting held in San Fransisco and I found him to be knowledgeable and caring, as well as an entertaining and informative speaker. I think what he is doing will help many couples who cannot have a child through surrogacy in their country due to the restrictive laws.

And I too have found an increase in international couples to both my law practice and agency, Extraordinary Conceptions. I think the weak economy in the U.S. does have something to do with it, but whose to say if that is the only reason why international couples are coming to the U.S. for surrogacy and egg donation now.

Perhaps the recent Newsweek article portraying surrogates in a positive light has something to do with the increase of international couples. It really is hard to say.

The laws in California have not changed in over 20 years and are still extremely favorable to all couples and individuals, whether you are gay or straight, married or single, so I can't say the law is a factor.

You can read the complete press release here.

No comments: